"TEDxDetroit is pleased to announce its confirmed speakers for the local, self-organized event that will bring people together to share a TED-like experience on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., at the new Grand Ballroom in Cobo Center overlooking the Detroit River. More than 1,000 attendees are expected to attend TEDxDetroit, an event that will offer deep discussion and connection in an intimate setting.
Here is a list of a few diverse speakers who will share positive ideas for the world from Detroit:
- Les Gold, business owner, reality TV star of "Hardcore Pawn"
- Kevin Krease, Founder & Director, X Games Detroit
- Jason Hall, Co-Founder, Detroit Bike City & Slow Roll Detroit
- Dr. Partha Nandi, Physician & Talk Show Host
- Nathan Hughes, Co-Founder and MC, Detroit Labs
- Jackie Victor, Owner, Avalon International Breads
- Any Kaherl & Elizabeth Garlow, Detroit Soup, Kiva
- Ryan Landau, Co-Founder, Chalkfly.com
- Jaclyn Trop, Journalist, New York Times
- Greg Gage, Co-Founder, Backyard Brains
- Angela Kilgore, Student, Community Organizer
- Rich Sheridan, CEO, Menlo Innovations
- John Bacon, Author, "Fourth and Long"
- Jacques Panis, director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, Shinola
People interested in attending the event are invited to submit an application onwww.TEDxDetroit.com due to limited seating. Invitations to attend will be e-mailed directly to applicants.
TEDxDetroit is not only meant to create dialogue and action, it also serves as a platform for Michigan social entrepreneurs to share their thoughts, actively apply ideas and ultimately bring positive change to Detroit. TEDxDetroit is proudly sponsored by Buick, OnStar, Plex Systems, Start Garden, Bizdom, Curve Detroit, Airfoil, Mindfield, EEI Global, PowerStream, Motor City Connect and LA2M.
To learn more about the conference, please visit www.tedxdetroit.com.